Looking for an engaging dissection for your group, but don’t want to worry about all the mess? Don’t stress! When you register for a Zoo Lab at the Memphis Zoo, we make sure your group has everything they need to participate in one of our hands-on dissection programs, and we worry about the clean up, so you don’t have to.
Whether you are learning about owls’ unique digestive systems while discovering what is inside an owl pellet, or examining the internal and external structures of frogs, or diving deeper into the mammalian organ system of rats, we have everything prepared for you and your group for your visit to the Zoo! These Zoo Labs are not only perfect for school groups, but also for homeschool groups and scouts too!
Zoo Labs Program Topics
- What do owls eat? Join us as we piece together owl “leftovers” to find out what small animals these birds of prey hunt. We will also uncover the adaptations these nocturnal creatures have that help them survive in their environment!
(1st-5th grade recommended)
- Amphibians are their own kind of kooky when we think about the animal world, but let’s take an even closer look at these amazingly curious animals as we discover what features they have both inside and out that help them survive!
- (6th-8th grade recommended)
- In this hands-on program, we will examine the thoracic and abdominal cavities of rats and the functions of different organs. Focusing on the mammalian systems, we will also compare human functions while we view this small mammal’s internal anatomy!
- (9th-12th grade recommended)
Requirements: These programs should be booked at least 2 weeks in advance.
Date and Time: Based on availability, we can provide all programs Monday through Friday between 9am and 2pm Central Standard Time (CST).These programs last 45 minutes to 1 hour in length.
Cost: 1-15 Participants = $150 and 16-30 Participants = $225
The number of Participants should include chaperones
Reminder: Don't forget! Admission to the Memphis Zoo must be purchased separately. Please Click Here for more information or to reserve your group visit
Have Questions? Please contact the Education Department at [email protected] or 901.333.6600